The second edition of the Workshop on Scientific Initiation of the Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (WIC-SVR) is one of the events of the SVR 2018. The aim of the WIC-SVR is to encourage the Scientific Initiation researches development in the VR and AR areas and, for that, it seeks to stimulate the Virtual and Augmented Reality community to present works in the various interest topics of the SVR 2018:
- Systems and tools for VR/AR
- Rendering techniques
- Advanced technologies for optical display
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR
- 3D interaction
- Interaction devices
- Audio systems and other non-visual interfaces
- Computer Graphic techniques for VR/AR
- Modeling and Simulation
- Hardware graphics acceleration
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Games for VR/AR
- Presence, Immersion and Interaction in VR/AR/Mixed Reality(MR)
- Social impacts, economic and technical aspects of VR/AR
- Studies and evaluation with users
- Applications of VR/AR/MR
Undergraduates and recent graduates are invited to submit original works including proposals and final and partial results of scientific and technological researches in the VR and AR areas, as well as correlated areas. Undergraduates regularly registered in their courses, or still, recent graduates who completed the course after January 1, 2017 (the situation of the undergraduates and recent graduates must be proven with appropriate document, which must be sent in the submission of the paper), may participate. The papers will be reviewed by Program Committee of the WIC-SVR and the selected papers will be presented in the workshop and published in the proceedings of the WIC-SVR 2018.
The audience of this workshop will have the opportunity of participating of an important forum dedicated to the presentation and discussion of researches in progress or completed at undergraduate level in the VR, AR and related areas. The goal is to stimulate the integration between undergraduate students and members of the academy and industry, as well as to show potential researchers and professionals to scientific community and companies of the area.
The papers submitted to WIC-SVR 2018 must have between 3 and 5 pages, including figures, tables, references, acknowledgements etc. Some additional aspects must be observed:
- The papers may be written in Portuguese (in this case, Abstracts in English and Portuguese must be included) or English, and they must be in PDF format.
- Papers must be formatted using the IEEE Guidelines - US Letter size.
- The paper must clearly state the nature of the contribution and the problems, domains or environments in which they are applied. The following structure is suggested for the paper: Abstract, Introduction, Background/Related Work, Research Methodology/Materials and Methods, Results, Discussions, Final Considerations/Conclusions, Acknowledgements and References.
- The supervisors and co-supervisors must also be authors of the paper. At least one supervisor or co-supervisor is necessary for the paper to be considered for review.
- The papers selection will be carried out from the review by members of the Program Committee. Each proposal will be analyzed by at least two reviewers.
- The submissions must be made using JEMS system through https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/Paper.cgi?c=3096&track=6983 em SVR 2018 - WIC.
- The submissions will only be considered in PDF format, and which will observe the minimum and maximum limits of pages and will follow the formatting instructions (IEEE model mentioned).
The papers accepted will be published in the proceedings of the WIC-SVR 2018, with ISBN, being necessary the registration of, at least, one of the authors of the work (preferably the student). The registration in the symposium for authors of papers to be presented in the WIC-SVR may be in the student category. The selected works must be presented during the workshop, through oral presentation, according to program to be added in the official website of the SVR 2018.
The final version of your paper must be submitted with the SBC Copyright Form.
Until three papers will be awarded in the workshop. For awards purposes, the quality of the oral presentation will also be evaluated. Therefore, papers accepted and not presented in the WIC-SVR 2018 will not compete for awards.
June 30: Paper submission deadline
July 12: Paper submission deadline (postponed)
August 05: Paper submission deadline (postponed)
July 30: Notification
August 26: Notification (postponed)
August 7: Camera-ready submission deadline
August 31: Camera-ready submission deadline (postponed)
WIC-SVR 2018 Chairs (email@example.com)
- Eunice P. Santos Nunes (UFMT - Brazil)
- Selan Rodrigues dos Santos (UFRN - Brazil)