Welcome to the 20th Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR)
The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality in Brazil, sponsored annually by the SBC (Brazilian Computer Society). SVR brings together researchers, students and professionals from various academic, industrial and commercial areas interested in the advances in and applications of VR and AR.
The SVR aims to bring together researchers, promoting the exchange of experiences and facilitating interaction between research groups, creating better conditions for the development of new inter-institutional research groups, as well as acting as an instrument to disseminate the advances in Virtual and Augmented Reality in Brazil and the world.
In 2018, SVR will be co-located with two important events: the Symposium on Computer Games and Digital Entertainment - SBGames, and SIBGRAPI - 31th Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images.
The SVR is composed of several activities that include: Pre-Symposium; Short Courses; Invited keynotes (national and international); Technical sessions for presentation of selected papers; Workshops; and exhibition of products by companies operating in the VR and AR market.
In 2018, SVR will offer the opportunity to submit papers to a special section of the Elsevier Computers & Graphics Journal with a specific deadline. Please refer to this link for more details.
The main topics of interest to the event are:
- VR/AR/MR systems, frameworks and toolkits
- 3D interaction
- Input devices for VR/AR/MR
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual interfaces
- User studies and evaluation
- Tracking and sensing
- Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR
- Immersive gaming / serious games
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Advanced display technology
- Immersive projection technology
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR
- Perception, presence, and cognition in VR/AR/MR
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Social, economic, and technical impacts of VR/AR/MR
- Virtual environments evaluation
For any questions or more detailed timelines, check out the Call for Participation Section or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer & Graphics Special Issue
April 30: C&G submission deadline
May 2: C&G submission deadline
- May 28: Notification of first decision
- June 25: First revision submission
- July 16: Notification of second decision
- Aug 6: Second revision submission
- Aug 20: Notification of acceptance
- Sep 5: Camera-ready due
- Full and Short Papers
June 15: Full and short papers submission deadline
July 1: Full and short papers submission deadline
July 4: Full and short papers registration deadline
July 8: Full and short papers submission deadline (FINAL DEADLINE)
July 30: Acceptance notification
August 20: Acceptance notification
- August 10: Camera-ready due